I was strolling through Instagram one day when I stumbled across Erin Ireland trying out The Juice Truck‘s Peanut Butter Fudge recipe which looked delicious.
The next day I spotted Erin creating a Coconut filling for her Chocolate Cups (always a classic treat).
So I thought to myself, “Josh. What would those two recipes taste like together?”
Well here you go virtual world!
Coconut Cream Filling
– 1 can coconut cream
– 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1/4 cup maple syrup (I added extra cause I wanted the filling super sweet and the fudge salty)
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 1 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
Peanut Butter Fudge (outer layer)
– equal parts Peanut Butter (or PB powder) and Coconut Oil (I used about a cup)
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– tsp. vanilla
– sea salt (as I said, the saltier the better)
Start by creating the PB mixture. Take a muffin tin and pour a bit of the fudge into each cup (I like to line the tin with silicone cupcake liners for easy accessibility) so that you have a good bottom layer. Place in fridge for 10 mins to harden.
In the meantime make the coconut filling. Make sure the can of coconut cream has been cooling in the fridge for at least 8 hours previously to making this recipe.
Once solid, take out the muffin tin and spoon some of the coconut mix into the centre of each cup.
Completely cover the coconut mix with the remainder of the peanut butter mix and return to fridge until completely solid.